2011-03-02

Old Stuff Day

 
It's Ground Hog Day! Err, I mean Old Stuff Day!  Sadly, having looked through my old blog posts I don't see any that are really worth bringing up again.  So instead of putting something from my blog up, I'm digging through some of the first blogs I followed and linking to the posts that caused me to start watching them.  These are in no particular order (except for Inq28 being first...  just felt it should be on the top and Tau of War being second.  It's the first blog I've ever followed).

First off is the Inq28 blog with their work on a female techpriest and here.  This blog is actuall what introduced me to the concept of even using 28mm minis for Inquisitor.  (Which looks interesting if only i could find some local players ^^;;  )

I entered into the blogging world with my head full of Tau so what better place to break in then on Old Shatter Hand's Tau of War blog?  I first found the blog due to his Secrets of the Fio'la post on how Old Shatter Hand's hand were done.  I stuck around due to the simply massive amount of Tau related goodness that is there.

I started following Collegia Titanica simply and basically for the Angels of Light story.  It's the story about how Jula joined the Space Marine chapter Rainbow Warriors.  I found it while looking for Tau stuff.  I warn you puritan true to fluff people that Collegia Titanica has no issues with female space marines, and Jula happens to be one of many in the story.

I started watching A Gentleman's Ones in August, but due to his posts in July about the Sin of Alacrity Mini Campaign It's interesting to see that he started his blog after mine but is quite a bit more successful (not actually surprised, from what I know he's a great guy and I'm an anti-social shut-in ^.~ )

I've followed Warrant of Trade pretty much sense it's beginnings, though that was more a dumb luck thing then anything particular.  It started right about the time I learned about Rogue Trader and started hunting for info.  How he did the character creation is what caught my eye.

Not sure what actually drew me to Defending Humanity initially as I really didn't like IG back then.  I do remember the chart thing here being really neat (so neat in fact I never got around to setting one up myself...  so my Tau army sits, half painted >.> )

I started watching Musings of a Metal Mind simply because of the awesome tyranid/necron hybrid conversions, my favorite being the Tervigon, though I'd been watching discreetly well before then.

Having gone through my list of blogs I follow, these are the main ones that I can identify why I started following them.  There are a few that I have no idea why I started following, nor am I sure why I continue to follow them (but I do and read all their posts)  Anyway, Everyone have a happy Old Stuff Day.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I do have to say that that chart never actually got completed... it always seemed that there were more things to add to it than I was able to take off. I should probably get back to that to make sure that I actually get my Adepticon stuff finished... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know the feeling, ideas/model galore, but no time to work on any of them. >.> I think my biggest issue is other then personal satisfaction, I don't have any driving force to help me complete anything, no deadlines is troublesome.

    ReplyDelete