2010-12-06

Iron Corsairs

Almost 2 months sense an update.  I'd protest being busy, but I've just kinda forgot about the blog >.> Anyway, this post is about my space marine chapter.  It had it's name stolen by my new Dark Eldar (of which I have 5 assembled now <.< ), so are now called Iron Corsairs...  which fits better anyway.  I've been thinking about paint schemes for them sense the last killzone game I bat-repped, which has also sadly been my most recent game.

My current working concept is partially thanks to this article by Jeremy Olsen over at Empire of Ghosts.  I've always liked the woodblock style art but hadn't thought of bringing it to the wartable, so I worked up the mockup above to try it out.  I've tried to sculpt up some shoulderpads with the symbol on the door, but haven't had any luck getting even one I like.

Not sure what I think of the blue primary yet.  Probably add a hint more purple to it.  I'll also need a lot of practice painting woodblock cherry blossoms before I put them on an actual tank.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back on the ball and catch up with miniatures stuff for my blog.  I have a couple projects and things to post about that should be of some interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment