Well, I've actually done quite a bit of work on the modular starship sense the last post about it. I'm up to 8 modules now, 4 of which are room segments (the ones on the far right in the picture). I have 3 more modules planned out and currntly stored in baggies due to having to clean up my work area for well... work. Anyway, the top two room modules are representing some cryostasis room (I had parts and wanted to know how it'd look ^.~ ) the bottom 2 have conveyor belts on them. They've been a pain as I must be really careful about making sure they line up and go the same direction. One of the planned modules is a T-intersection with a conveyor belt. If anyone has good ideas on what types of modules would make a nice diverse starting set, I'm all ears. So far it seems the T intersections will be outnumbering the others (except maybe room modules, but it requires at least 4 room modules to make a single room.
I need to restart casting of the parts to make the modules as I'm effectively out of floor tiles with the 3 modules in bags. Hopefully I'll be able to get some made up over the holiday season and have enough to actually play some killzone on by January.
Almost 2 months sense an update. I'd protest being busy, but I've just kinda forgot about the blog >.> Anyway, this post is about my space marine chapter. It had it's name stolen by my new Dark Eldar (of which I have 5 assembled now <.< ), so are now called Iron Corsairs... which fits better anyway. I've been thinking about paint schemes for them sense the last killzone game I bat-repped, which has also sadly been my most recent game.
My current working concept is partially thanks to this article by Jeremy Olsen over at Empire of Ghosts. I've always liked the woodblock style art but hadn't thought of bringing it to the wartable, so I worked up the mockup above to try it out. I've tried to sculpt up some shoulderpads with the symbol on the door, but haven't had any luck getting even one I like.
Not sure what I think of the blue primary yet. Probably add a hint more purple to it. I'll also need a lot of practice painting woodblock cherry blossoms before I put them on an actual tank.
Hopefully I'll be able to get back on the ball and catch up with miniatures stuff for my blog. I have a couple projects and things to post about that should be of some interest.
WIP-REVIEW: More scenery for Robotech!
First update of this year!
I've been building the scenery sets from 4Ground I have so far:
Primera actualización del año!
He estado armando los sets de escen...